Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What's in my fridge?

Yesterday after work I bought the following from Stop&Shop to have for meals for the week:

2 ears of corn
1 eggplant
1 zucchini grilled (by me yest)
1 package wrap-itz whole wheat tortillas
1/2 lb sliced mozz cheese
1 red pepper grilled
1/2 bag leftover lettuce
leftover carton of eggs
1 loaf of pump rye bread
2 english cucumbers
1 package light multigrain english muffins
1 sweet potato
1 can black beans
lite syrup
1 package of kashi waffles (never had them before)
1 small container strawberries
3 single serving yogurts (1 vanilla chobani, 1 plain chobani, and 1 vanilla stonyfield farms)
4 bananas

In house I have oatmeal, pb, 2 small potatoes, 1/2 box of Kashi Mightybites and some other stuff that a pantry might have. Actually, all my cabinets are full right now, but I guess I don't make use of everything often enough.

How much do u spend on groceries/week? My new goal is going to be < $50 for ALL food from monday-friday including dinners out with my friends, but excluding Friday night dinner. the grocery shop above came to $39 and it is more than enough food for me, and I can even have friends over for dinner if I like (I think I overbought. I blame my hungry belly at the time).

Any tips on maximizing my $$ at the market? I always overbuy and underuse.

No comments: