Monday, June 2, 2008

Does $13 water really taste better?

I just got back from Miami!!!!! What a fun week Mzoof (best girlfriend) and I had!!

I am too busy to post a long blog about it, but a few things to note:

1. water by the pool cost $13 a bottle- did it taste better? I think not.
2. Miami looks much cooler in the movies than in person. It was a little dirty!
3. Famous people can be really stuck up/feel entitled (i.e. the old folks that took our table!!!!!)
4. Dinner at Opa (the Greek restaurant) might have been the most entertaining and fun dinner I have ever had- all due to the environment! Dancing on tables? Belly dancers? a DJ while you eat? pitchers of sangria? it was a GREAT time!
5. "Luxury Suite" in Miami does not = the same thing it does elsewhere in the world. Read: tiny
6. Our hotel was hopping! We stayed at the Shore Club, and it was a party every day and night!

A few health things to note:
I wore spf 30 on my body and 55 on my face at all times, and yet still am noticeably bronze and golden! We even took before and after pics to prove it haha! Sunshine really does a body good. I feel refreshed and relaxed.
I am currently reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. It is really informative and inspiring. It has pretty much changed my life. Where can I find local, organic, produce + meat around here?!?! Whole Foods has a few options, but I wonder where the best Saturday morning farmer's market is?! Going to have to start searching! It is so true that we have forgotten about seasons- it is really strange to be able to have fresh asparagus all year round and strawberries etc etc etc- those veggies and fruits waste a lotttt of fuel and contain a lot more chemicals to keep them "fresh" than we think. More on all this later, I am only on page 80 in the book haha!

Last:
Absence really makes the heart grow fonder. I miss my PhillyBoy so much that my heart aches. We officially met on June 16th last year... so we've known each other for almost a year! I can't wait to see him. It has been 2.5 weeks. WAY. TOO. LONG. I miss him!!!! T-4 days til he arrives for my cousin's wedding! yay!

4 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

You are toooo sweet, with your comments on my blog. I can't tell you how much they meant.

And $13 water?!?! OMG that's ridiculous!

On a similar note, I always see mushrooms at Whole Foods for like $100 and wonder how good could they possibly taste to be worth that price?!

Anonymous said...

$13 water, that is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you had a fun trip :)

Kelly Olexa said...

$13 is crazy but they really know how to take advantage of the tourists. When I go to Miami, we usually stock up our hotel room from Walgreens....and yes much of Miami is dirty I agree. But I still love it!! I'm going to read that book too, sounds right up my alley.

Mr. Trig said...

Geez - Grey Goose on the rocks in Miami is $15...$13 water OR $15 grey goose....Seems like an easy choice to me!