Thursday, June 26, 2008

Contractor Communication

Is there any point to talking to our contractor every day if I can't understand what he is saying? It has been a hard few weeks trying to design PB's bathrooms(one day mine too) for the big renovation project. Anyway, we are now almost at the finish line for the guest bathroom (all that's left is tiling, grouting, adding light fixtures and other fixtures) and so the contractor and I have become bff's.

It's 8:44 AM and he just called me to tell me the grout color I picked (online, without seeing it or comparing it to the tile in person) is not only a teeny bit yellow but is a special order so he will buy a different one if that's ok? That's all I understood. The conversation lasted a solid 5-7 minutes and that was all I could deduce!

Why is it then that I insist on trying to be assertive and in control? I could tell he was asking my opinion on something so I clearly and strongly said "Sounds great. Why don't you do that" but in reality I have no idea what he said!

Anyway, this is the project so far...

before:


midway through the project:



you really can't tell what's going on but I can haha! the before pic is the inside of the shower (ewwwwwwwwwwwww) and the second pic is the new tiling before grout and before painting the wall beside it. Monday I am going to post the final before and after pics for your pleasure!

and a pic of Miami, just for fun. I like to call this picture "windy hair"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww sorry to hear about the bad contractor communication experience... hope it gets better, i'm sure it will be awesome when it gets all finished :)